The difficult part of any trip is planning. When you go to any place for the first time, you need to plan well in advance.
Do Your Research
No matter what people say, you need to do your homework about the place. If you are planning to visit Memphis, then you need to check the favorable time for travel. Memphis tends to be unbearable hot during summers and cold during winters. If you want to check out the popular events in the city, then you can choose April or May for travelling.
Commuting to Memphis depends on how far you are from the city. If you are in a different country, then the preferable option would be flights. If you live in Chicago or New Orleans, then you can check out the train schedules to Memphis Amtrak Station. If you prefer long drives, then you can choose car or bus.
The city is divided into three popular neighborhoods:
- Downtown – The heart of the music hub with National Civil Rights Museum nearby
- Midtown – Memphis Zoo is the popular attraction here
- Southland Hills – Graceland and the Airport is at a nearby distance
Popular Food Joints
Now, you cannot visit the city without tasting the local delicacies. The city is famous for its mouth-watering barbeque. In addition to this, you might come across many pizza, taco and burger joints. If you are looking at spending some quality time with your loved ones, then you can even book at some fine dining restaurants.
If you do not like meat, then there are many vegetarian options available. Every neighborhood in this city has popular joints that will soothe your taste buds. You can even chill and relax after a long day at the pubs and breweries in the neighborhood.
The locals are warm and friendly and will even guide you to local restaurants for some lip-smacking food and drinks.
Explore More Spend Less
Many people think that vacation means having to spend more. This need not be the case. You can actually explore more places in Memphis at a low cost by:
- Checking out popular tourist attractions that are free of cost
- The city holds free concerts during summer. You may need to keep a watch out for that
- If you want to save on time and money, you can try out the free shuttle service between Graceland, Sun Studio and Memphis Rock ‘n’ Soul Museum
- Some of the times the museums have free days wherein you can visit the grounds free of cost
The city will never cease to amaze you with its rich culture and musical vibes. Walks down Beale Street will open doors to cute antique and gift shops. If you have booked a vacation rental, you can cook your own food and shop for fresh fruits and vegetables in the grocery stores.
Ensure that you plan in advance so that you get the best deals and discounts on accommodations. The main objective of your trip is to enjoy and explore as many places as possible during your stay there.