Every traveler visiting the beautiful city of Memphis is inclined to visit the prominent touring spots as they are unaware about the entertaining places of Midtown of Memphis. Midtown is known to be the essence of life in the city as the area is known for Memphis culture and modern era actives as well.
Things to see and do in Midtown of Memphis:
- Have an exhilarating experience watching a show in the famous Playhouse Theater. This place since 2010 has been most visited by locals and tourists alike in the evening hours. Besides watching Broadway hit shows, you can enjoy drinks in the café and have a gala time with your dear one’s rooftop terrace watching the lighted streets below snuggling in between the vast residential and commercial area of Midtown.
- Dance to the tunes played by live band in Lafayette’s Music Room. Since past 50 decades this music room has been seeing famous celebrity musicians playing jazz and other kind of popular music. This famous music room is nestled in Overton Square and is popular for its local flavored cuisine served maintaining the authentic taste of the city’s traditional dishes.
- Watch the daily activities of Panda in the Memphis Zoo. You will also get to see varied faunas that are native to other countries nestling in the zoo premises, a great entertainment for visitors. You can enjoy watching the sea lion show and the awesome sight of marching Penguins.
- Relax yourself while roaming in the Dixon gallery and gardens. Even if you spend the whole day in the garden, you would want to visit the place again. The fabulous sight of uncountable species of flowers swaying in the breeze and the beautiful artificially set bridges and sculptures portraying the skilled craftsmanship are the highlights of the garden that travelers should not miss. The museum is known to have thousands of unique objects displayed that awe the viewers. The early decades structured mansion having treasures in its galleries and is a favored place to host many events as well.
- Enjoy the taste of Local Craft Beer. Memphis best tasting local beer can be sipped in Midtown only. Try to visit Memphis Made Brewing famous for Fireside beer. You can enjoy a variety of beer along with the delicious mouth-watering snacks provided by food trucks that are along the street. You can even visit Crosstown Brewing Co, High Cotton Brewing Co., Wiseacre Brewing Co. and Boscos Squared to enjoy your favorite beers while relaxing in the long corridors and while playing games in the pub’s lawns.
- Art lovers can’t miss Brooks Museum of Art: You can view world’s popular paintings, arts collection of earlier era and breathtaking sculptures. The museum is a common place to hold meetings and shows, thus if you are lucky you can watch shows of popular music bands.
You can collect more information about downtown Memphis events this weekend from the websites providing guidelines for travelers, who are planning to visit the wonderful and happening city of Memphis. You can even pre book tickets to enjoy shows held in cafes and theatres of Downtown Memphis.